- A Billboard Or A Rock Climbing Wall? – The Latest Outdoor Installation By IkeaPosted 3 days ago
- TUC Brings Khoobsurat to PakistanPosted 4 days ago
- Coca-Cola Brings Back ‘Surge’ Soda With E-Commerce ReintroductionPosted 5 days ago
- Carat Named RECMA’S #1 Global Agency For Third Consecutive Qualitative ReportPosted 5 days ago
- Aigle & BETC Launch New Campaign For Fall/Winter 2014: IT’S WILD OUT THEREPosted 5 days ago
- Let The Cooking Begin: Masala Family Festival 2014Posted 5 days ago
- The World’s Top 25 Brands You Should Be Working For According To GlassdoorPosted 6 days ago
- UM MENA Wins L’Oréal’s Media Planning And Buying AccountPosted 7 days ago
- Saatchi & Saatchi Malaysia Names 10 September Sathi & Saatchi DayPosted 9 days ago
- Forrester Study Finds Advertisers & Media Companies View Technology As The Key DriverPosted 9 days ago
Volkswagen Starts Digital Campaign: As Sun As Possible
Wolfsburg, 05 February 2013 - Volkswagen is starting its first new-format digital campaign to coincide with the market launch of the Beetle Cabriolet. “As sun as possible” is the motto of the campaign in which six young trendsetters share their experiences during a tour of Hawaii in the new Beetle Cabriolet using social networks and websites. On the same occasion, the Beetle website is being re-launched and there are new advertising motifs for print media.
The Volkswagen marketing campaign for the vehicle launch demonstrates how the Beetle Cabriolet is inseparably associated with summer. For the first time, Volkswagen is integrating a real journey with the car that catches the lifestyle and mood of the present Beetle generation as one of the central elements in the campaign. Six well-known international trendsetters from the spheres of comedy, fashion, sport, photography or music, all of them with a large social network, share their experiences during the two-week tour in the Beetle Cabriolet.
They will be using several very different digital formats (video, blog, podcast, photos) and social channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vice, Instagram, www.beetle.com/asap). The focus is on travel reports and information about the 50s, 60s and 70s special editions of the Beetle Cabriolet they will be driving on the tour.
“We want to engage and activiate key target groups with our new digital campaign and tell individual product stories that people can identify with and enjoy sharing with others”, Giovanni Perosino, Head of Marketing Communications at Volkswagen, explained. “The tour made by our six trendsetters will become a story about summer, freedom, adventure and lifestyle – and the Beetle Cabriolet embodies all of those.”
The activities accompanying the market debut of the Beetle Cabriolet also include the re-launch of the product website www.beetle.com from mid-February. Like the advertising motifs for the print media, the web platform also takes up the “As sun as possible” motto and features detailed information on the entire Beetle collection as well as a blog and a teaser on the road trip. At the same time, Volkswagen is launching a lucky draw on its Facebook page, where participants can win an “Endless Summer Tour” on Hawaii.
The BlackBoardBerlin and DDB Tribal agencies have budget responsibility for the campaign.
Also check out the campaign blog here.